Sunday, November 6, 2011

Monkey bars

Natalie is making incredible progress. She reads a children's (level 2) book every evening now. When I ask her questions about a story she can pretty well articulate the answers. Apparently at school (Kindergarten!) there are several kids in her class who are further ahead. They set a great example - putting the bar high works well for Natalie. This week she told me she could do the monkey bars at school and this weekend she showed me. So also physically she is improving rapidly.

Unlike her little brother she needs praise for things she creates. If I fail to applaud her work, she complains to her mother about my lack of interest. Her brother simply works on what he wants and does not want to talk about it. So she wants me to show more interest and he wants me to have less. And I want her to be less dependent and him to share more.

I sense there are lessons to be learned here, so I'll stay tuned.